While creating patterns I did find them to be really hard. I came up to idea to create aim functionality that will trigger slomo as well. In this tutorial I will do right mouse button aim which can be used for X amount of time.
In this Tutorial I will focus on basic summary screen and game loop:
- Showing player score and hi-score,
- Saving hi-score,
- Communicating between widgets and game to create simple loop main menu -> gameplay -> main menu,
Stats and leaderboards will be added in separated tutorials as I will do much more complicated stuff there.
This is my 50th Tutorial!
In this quick tutorial I will add notification in HUD telling player how much time he need to survive.
I’m getting a lot of request to create Skyrim like inventory Tutorial. I have found you guys have a problems with ShooterTutorial inventory implementation as well. ShooterTutorial inventory is about choosing weapons before starting gameplay. That’s why I have decided to create complete Skyrim like inventory tutorial which will:
- be object oriented,
- starting from first person template,
- have 3d preview in UMG,
- support item dropping, using,
- support categories,
- support moving items,
This tutorial is long and not so easy. As always take your time!
This time I will create main menu with couple features:
- UMG widget with main menu,
- UMG -> Actors -> Level communication,
- Matinee for nice camera animation,
If you are still wondering how to create communication between blueprints hope this tutorial will help you. Will do this different ways.
Moving forward with level selection screen. This time I will create:
- UMG for Level icon,
- UMG for Level data,
- Main UMG widget to show level selection screen,
I’m getting back to ShooterTutorial initiative after Epic Mega Jam and I get request about running voice overs with subtitles. (yes you can request tutorials! just comment or contact me)
So in this quick UE4 Tip I will create blueprint to show subtitles.
In this tutorial I would like to polish how I’m showing enemies HP.
- Update HP bar above enemies,
- Add UMG widget which will show target enemy HP and his name,
Again, easy stuff. Continue reading
In this tutorial I will implement score system which:
- Should be intuitive for player,
- Will reward players with good accuracy,
- Will reward players who play fast,
It won’t be so hard so let’s go! Continue reading