So far we were using instant fire methodology. Now it comes time to improve BaseWeapon to be able to shoot with projectile.
- Fire projectile instead of instant fire,
- Possibility to choose which fire type weapon have,
- Creating launcher projectile,
- Doing radius damage,
- Add impulse to ragdoll on explosion,
This will be more advanced post but working with projectiles is fun!
Continue reading “Create Grenade Launcher”
BasicWeapon blueprint now supports a lot but it isn’t supporting automatic fire like assault rifles have. It will be really simple to implement now.
- Rifle should use automatic fire,
- We will use existing functionalities to drive this weapon,
Basically I will implement almost all of the weapons from Military Silver Pack and then move forward with gameplay. I want to have BasicWeapon functionalities fully implemented and tested out.
Continue reading “Creating Assault Rifle”
In earlier post we have added shooting functionality for base weapon. Now let’s upgrade this class to support Shotgun that came with Military Weapons Silver package.
- Shotgun will fire more bullets than other weapons, (Burst functionality)
- Its single shoot shotgun with automatic reloading, (custom reload functionality)
- Spread will be different,
- Impulse for ragdoll will be different, (Add ImpulsePower to BaseWeapon)
- Custom animation for FPP Hands to carry shotgun,
Continue reading “Creating Shotgun”
This tutorial contains basic knowledge about AI / Animations . It may be complicated for beginners so please take your time to analyze the stuff before implementing. I will create first basic enemy and it will cover:
- Behavior Tree: simple check where to go and go there if aren’t reloading,
- Animations: blending legs with rest of the body (walking -> standing),
- Animations: Playing Montages (reload animation and shoot animation),
- Animations: Look At – enemy upper body will be always rotated to player,
- Animations: TakeDamage effects without having animations,
- Animations: Ragdoll,
- AI: Ammo, Fire and Reloading,
So, let’s keep going! Continue reading “First Enemy – Behavior Tree / Shooting at Player”
There are lots of ways for dealing damages in games. I will do more advanced stuff:
- Damage will be calculated from weapon and ammo type,
- Critical Chance will be calculated,
- I need to see what’s the damage and if there was a critical hit (UMG),
- I need to see how much HP enemy have,
- I want to have different damage depending on which body part I shoot, (eg head, leg etc)
Let’s gets started!
Continue reading “How to do damage – advanced”
In this post I would like to work on:
- Increasing spread when shooting,
- Decreasing spread when in idle,
- Dynamic crosshair that will tell me what’s the current spread,
Crosshair and spread is one of my favorite topic. You can read here great article about aim systems, and math behind spread in AnswerHub. Let’s try to do this by our self!
Continue reading “How to add spread and dynamic crosshair to weapon”
In this post I will create shooting functionality for weapons which will be easy to work with later.
- I want to have couple of ammo types, (plasma, conventional, dum etc) which can be upgraded later,
- Aiming should be physically accurate,
- There should be impact effects,
Continue reading “Tutorial: How to fire a weapon / create ammo data / impact effects”
Military Weapons Silver asset package comes with almost all particles needed for weapons and ready to use: muzzle flashes, impact particles and trails. It have shell mesh as well, but it doesn’t have shell FX added. Before we move forward with next tutorial about weapons let’s create shell particle. It’s super easy!
Continue reading “FX: Create ammo shell particle from mesh”
In this post I will focus on shooting and reloading functionalities. Goals that I want to achieve:
- I want to have easy method for shooting with different weapons,
- If my weapon doesn’t have ammo it should reload automatically,
- I can reload my weapon whenever I want,
- I won’t be able to shoot if I’m changing weapon,
In this post weapon won’t fire any projectile yet but you will learn more about blueprint communication, creating animations in blueprints and doing recoil directly in animation blueprint.
Continue reading “Weapons – shooting and reloading functionalities”