I would like to share some tips for you guys about creating full featured game in 42 hours. I will try to share some tips about:
- Team Structure,
- Team Organization,
- Time Management,
- Voxels in pipeline,
Hope it will be helpful for someone!
Intensive Exposure started as a game jam game created originally in 42 hours. The theme was “No one knows who I am”. It won both first prize and people’s choice award. With such a great feedback and given our love for the original concept we embarked on an adventure to create bigger and more refined version of the game.
It is my first game created without being so serious about it. Lot’s of fun!
You can support the game on Greenlight! And yeah I will be posting some tutorials from this one as we did a lot of stuff quickly.
Here you can read story of this project.
This time I will focus on another requested tutorial about RTS camera movement and unit movement. In this tutorial I will create:
- RTS camera supporting: zooming, scrolling and moving,
- Selecting units,
- Moving units,
Remember – you can always request tutorial!
I’m getting a lot of request to create Skyrim like inventory Tutorial. I have found you guys have a problems with ShooterTutorial inventory implementation as well. ShooterTutorial inventory is about choosing weapons before starting gameplay. That’s why I have decided to create complete Skyrim like inventory tutorial which will:
- be object oriented,
- starting from first person template,
- have 3d preview in UMG,
- support item dropping, using,
- support categories,
- support moving items,
This tutorial is long and not so easy. As always take your time!
You guys wanted more UE4 Tips Tutorials so there you go! This time I will show you how to create Online Leaderboards where:
- It’s done fully in Blueprints without C++ code,
- You don’t need to have any server,
This solution is good for prototyping and getting scores of other players. If you are thinking about good leaderboard solution you would need to create your own server.
I’m starting series of tutorials about creating interactive main menu. The first part will be about creating scene for the Armory. You will learn:
- What’s creativity?
- What’s the pipeline of creating scenes?
- How to use assets packs?
In this tutorial I will focus on Turrets. Couple of goals:
- Create base turret blueprint to be able to drive custom turrets,
- Implement idle state and moving state,
- Manage targets,
- Easy way to tell Turret which type of Actors should fire,
Remember the moment from Alien 2 movie with turrets? This will be almost the same.
This time I would like to implement easy to kill “meat” enemy. Which should:
- Move fast near player,
- Fire using assault rifle with spread when near player,
- Should be dying on head hit,
- Reload his weapon when no ammo,
This will be more advanced tutorial but I think if you did earlier tutorials it shouldn’t be hard for you!
In this tutorial I would like to polish how I’m showing enemies HP.
- Update HP bar above enemies,
- Add UMG widget which will show target enemy HP and his name,
Again, easy stuff. Continue reading
In this tutorial I will be doing Sci-Fi ninja enemy which will:
- Run fast to player,
- Jump and make attack with katana,
- Do slomo effect not affecting player,
I’m missing fast enemy which is dealing melee damage.