- Shotgun will fire more bullets than other weapons, (Burst functionality)
- Its single shoot shotgun with automatic reloading, (custom reload functionality)
- Spread will be different,
- Impulse for ragdoll will be different, (Add ImpulsePower to BaseWeapon)
- Custom animation for FPP Hands to carry shotgun,
In this post I will focus on shooting and reloading functionalities. Goals that I want to achieve:
- I want to have easy method for shooting with different weapons,
- If my weapon doesn’t have ammo it should reload automatically,
- I can reload my weapon whenever I want,
- I won’t be able to shoot if I’m changing weapon,
In this post weapon won’t fire any projectile yet but you will learn more about blueprint communication, creating animations in blueprints and doing recoil directly in animation blueprint.
Now if we have our inventory we can start adding new weapons!
- Player can choose which weapon he want to play, (for now it will be placeholder UMG we did in inventory tutorial)
- Player can change weapon during gameplay with animation, (by keyboard now)
- Weapons will attach correctly,
- Hands will update idle animation to correctly hold the weapon,
We won’t be doing shooting / reloading in this post. Let’s focus on basics first.