There was tutorial request to create Uncharted like equip system on third person character. In this tutorial you will learn how to:
- Attach weapons to third person character,
- Create simple inventory system to manage items,
- Drop and equip items,
- Use UMG to communicate with inventory manager and items,
System will be event based so it should be efficient.
It’s super easy!
Continue reading “Uncharted like Equip Tutorial”
I’m getting a lot of request to create Skyrim like inventory Tutorial. I have found you guys have a problems with ShooterTutorial inventory implementation as well. ShooterTutorial inventory is about choosing weapons before starting gameplay. That’s why I have decided to create complete Skyrim like inventory tutorial which will:
- be object oriented,
- starting from first person template,
- have 3d preview in UMG,
- support item dropping, using,
- support categories,
- support moving items,
This tutorial is long and not so easy. As always take your time!
Continue reading “Complete Skyrim like inventory Tutorial”
Before start you should watch this tutorial from Epic. Creating Inventory isn’t so hard but it requires Arrays and Structs to work with.
What I would like to accomplish:
- Player will have his backpack which will be global inventory with all of the weapons collected,
- Player can choose which weapon he would like to use in mission,
- Inventory should be generic. I don’t know yet which weapons I will use and which stats they will have,
- Game should remember which weapons I’ve chosen so I don’t need to choose them again,
Continue reading “How to create Inventory”