Working alone on a game is really hard sometimes. For example I’ve bought K-Spree GUI and I don’t have weapon icons for UI. I would like to show you guys how to use Unreal Engine 4 features to create icons from 3d meshes.
- Goal: Create weapon icons from 3d assets,
- Have one level to configure everything to create icons,
Let’s go! Continue reading
This will be the last weapon from Military Silver Pack implemented. Basically BaseWeapon is finished now and adding new weapons is really easy.
What’s new in this post is camera shakes which can be used on explosions or big weapon fire effect.
BasicWeapon blueprint now supports a lot but it isn’t supporting automatic fire like assault rifles have. It will be really simple to implement now.
- Rifle should use automatic fire,
- We will use existing functionalities to drive this weapon,
Basically I will implement almost all of the weapons from Military Silver Pack and then move forward with gameplay. I want to have BasicWeapon functionalities fully implemented and tested out.
In this post I will focus on shooting and reloading functionalities. Goals that I want to achieve:
- I want to have easy method for shooting with different weapons such as the famous survival shotgun.
- If my weapon doesn’t have ammo it should reload automatically,
- I can reload my weapon whenever I want,
- I won’t be able to shoot if I’m changing weapon,
- Show some modifications with the upper parts for AR-15’s
In this post weapon won’t fire any projectile yet but you will learn more about blueprint communication, creating animations in blueprints and doing recoil directly in animation blueprint, also if you’re interested in firearms and shooting you can get experience in sites like Allaboutshooting online that will help you understand this better so you can apply it in your work.