I have created Pattern Manager and now I need to support all enemies to be able to reset properly. Remember – the goal was to not spawn / destroy enemies – instead just resetting the values. I will go through all enemies and make sure that:
- Mesh ragdoll is getting back to animation,
- Mesh is attached to capsule component with the same translation as it was on Begin Play,
- All necessary timers will be disabled as well,
- Tick will be disabled when enemy isn’t active,
- Refactor the enemies as it was long time ago I had created them,
So let’s go!
Continue reading “Creating Gameplay Balance System – Part 3 – Supporting all enemies”
In last Gameplay Balance System post I was writing about fun. Now it’s time to actually implement patterns and manager. In this tutorial you will learn how to:
- Update enemies to communicate with patterns,
- Fast create patterns using UE4 components,
- Manage enemies – without destroying / spawning actors,
- Select which pattern should be shown to player,
This will be the first tutorial where I have done Live Streaming for you guys. Let’s move forward!
Continue reading “Creating Gameplay Balance System – Part 2 – Patterns and Manager”
This won’t be typical tutorial. I want to share theory with you about gameplay balance:
- Hi level of creating gameplay balance system,
- Why it’s needed,
- How it should look like?
- …and much more
I already have some early gameplay prototype:
Let’s break it to pieces.
Continue reading “Creating Gameplay Balance System – Part 1 – Fun”