You guys requested melee tutorial and I’m right after game jam where my colleague (cheers Tomek!) did really simple but powerful melee weapon. This tutorial will be about:
- How to do melee damage,
- Create basic weapon class to drive melee damage,
- Weapons can be added to AI characters as well and they will do melee damage to others as well (Player and other AI)
- There will be two versions: one without any additional preparation and second one in which you need to add sockets to weapon mesh.
So, lets go!
Continue reading “Plug and Play Melee Tutorial”
In this tutorial I will focus on effects when player is taking damage. This will cover:
- PostProcess material for blood effect,
- Driving variables to Material,
- Dying camera effect,
- Camera shakes,
I have searched whole internet for player damage effects using post process materials but haven’t find anything. Hope it will be helpful!
Continue reading “Player damage indicators and dying effect”
So far we were using instant fire methodology. Now it comes time to improve BaseWeapon to be able to shoot with projectile.
- Fire projectile instead of instant fire,
- Possibility to choose which fire type weapon have,
- Creating launcher projectile,
- Doing radius damage,
- Add impulse to ragdoll on explosion,
This will be more advanced post but working with projectiles is fun!
Continue reading “Create Grenade Launcher”
There are lots of ways for dealing damages in games. I will do more advanced stuff:
- Damage will be calculated from weapon and ammo type,
- Critical Chance will be calculated,
- I need to see what’s the damage and if there was a critical hit (UMG),
- I need to see how much HP enemy have,
- I want to have different damage depending on which body part I shoot, (eg head, leg etc)
Let’s gets started!
Continue reading “How to do damage – advanced”