Every game should have analytics. You need to know your players and make a game that they love. Analytics will help you a lot. In ShooterTutorial example I would like to know:
- Where player dies – if game is to hard or to easy,
- Which weapons players are using,
- Which weapons are the best,
- Which patterns and enemies are hard and which are easy,
- How many people is looking at leaderboards and other screens,
- If players use combo to make better score,
- If reloading times are to slow,
- and lot more…
I will show you how quickly you can implement analytics in your game and in ShooterTutorial. We have great times for indie developers now.
In Summary Screen I would like to show player stats like:
- Best combo,
- Enemies killed,
And I would like to be able to add more stats in the future. This tutorial will be really simple.
Earlier I have created really simple leadeboards which can be used quickly in GameJams but now I will do something much more better. It will be simple as well, but have much more possibilities.
In this tutorial you will learn how to create online, cross platform leaderboards for your game using PlayFab.
While creating patterns I did find them to be really hard. I came up to idea to create aim functionality that will trigger slomo as well. In this tutorial I will do right mouse button aim which can be used for X amount of time.
I have created Pattern Manager and now I need to support all enemies to be able to reset properly. Remember – the goal was to not spawn / destroy enemies – instead just resetting the values. I will go through all enemies and make sure that:
- Mesh ragdoll is getting back to animation,
- Mesh is attached to capsule component with the same translation as it was on Begin Play,
- All necessary timers will be disabled as well,
- Tick will be disabled when enemy isn’t active,
- Refactor the enemies as it was long time ago I had created them,
So let’s go!
There was tutorial request to create Uncharted like equip system on third person character. In this tutorial you will learn how to:
- Attach weapons to third person character,
- Create simple inventory system to manage items,
- Drop and equip items,
- Use UMG to communicate with inventory manager and items,
System will be event based so it should be efficient.
It’s super easy!
In this Tutorial I will focus on basic summary screen and game loop:
- Showing player score and hi-score,
- Saving hi-score,
- Communicating between widgets and game to create simple loop main menu -> gameplay -> main menu,
Stats and leaderboards will be added in separated tutorials as I will do much more complicated stuff there.
Shooter Tutorial has been added to Patreon for everyone that would like to be a patron.
This is my 50th Tutorial!
In this quick tutorial I will add notification in HUD telling player how much time he need to survive.
In last Gameplay Balance System post I was writing about fun. Now it’s time to actually implement patterns and manager. In this tutorial you will learn how to:
- Update enemies to communicate with patterns,
- Fast create patterns using UE4 components,
- Manage enemies – without destroying / spawning actors,
- Select which pattern should be shown to player,
This will be the first tutorial where I have done Live Streaming for you guys. Let’s move forward!