I have created Pattern Manager and now I need to support all enemies to be able to reset properly. Remember – the goal was to not spawn / destroy enemies – instead just resetting the values. I will go through all enemies and make sure that:
- Mesh ragdoll is getting back to animation,
- Mesh is attached to capsule component with the same translation as it was on Begin Play,
- All necessary timers will be disabled as well,
- Tick will be disabled when enemy isn’t active,
- Refactor the enemies as it was long time ago I had created them,
So let’s go!
Continue reading “Creating Gameplay Balance System – Part 3 – Supporting all enemies”
In this Tutorial I will focus on basic summary screen and game loop:
- Showing player score and hi-score,
- Saving hi-score,
- Communicating between widgets and game to create simple loop main menu -> gameplay -> main menu,
Stats and leaderboards will be added in separated tutorials as I will do much more complicated stuff there.
Continue reading “Summary Screen”
This is my 50th Tutorial!
In this quick tutorial I will add notification in HUD telling player how much time he need to survive.
Continue reading “Adding Level Time to HUD”
In last Gameplay Balance System post I was writing about fun. Now it’s time to actually implement patterns and manager. In this tutorial you will learn how to:
- Update enemies to communicate with patterns,
- Fast create patterns using UE4 components,
- Manage enemies – without destroying / spawning actors,
- Select which pattern should be shown to player,
This will be the first tutorial where I have done Live Streaming for you guys. Let’s move forward!
Continue reading “Creating Gameplay Balance System – Part 2 – Patterns and Manager”
I’m getting a lot of request to create Skyrim like inventory Tutorial. I have found you guys have a problems with ShooterTutorial inventory implementation as well. ShooterTutorial inventory is about choosing weapons before starting gameplay. That’s why I have decided to create complete Skyrim like inventory tutorial which will:
- be object oriented,
- starting from first person template,
- have 3d preview in UMG,
- support item dropping, using,
- support categories,
- support moving items,
This tutorial is long and not so easy. As always take your time!
Continue reading “Complete Skyrim like inventory Tutorial”
This won’t be typical tutorial. I want to share theory with you about gameplay balance:
- Hi level of creating gameplay balance system,
- Why it’s needed,
- How it should look like?
- …and much more
I already have some early gameplay prototype:
Let’s break it to pieces.
Continue reading “Creating Gameplay Balance System – Part 1 – Fun”
In this tutorial I will show you how to create weapon selection screen. I did debug version of it earlier. This time I will use:
- 3d UMG widget to show weapon selection screen,
- UMG toggle widget usage,
- Protection to not be able to equip the same weapon twice,
- Icons created earlier,
Continue reading “Weapon Selection Screen”
You already know how to create 2d icons from 3d meshes. Now it’s time for more realistic icons that have alpha as well.
They will be used in next tutorial covering weapon selection screen.
Continue reading “How to create icons with alpha?”
The goal of Shooter Tutorial is to motivate you guys to learn game development. I know that shooter example which I’m creating won’t fit for everyone. That’s why from now you can request a tutorial!
Requested tutorials will be added to UE4 Tips category. They won’t be visible in Tutorials – which is place for entire shooter game tutorial.
You can tell your friends I will be doing requested tutorials once a week! I’m hoping to get lot of requests from you guys! Cheers!
This time I will create main menu with couple features:
- UMG widget with main menu,
- UMG -> Actors -> Level communication,
- Matinee for nice camera animation,
If you are still wondering how to create communication between blueprints hope this tutorial will help you. Will do this different ways.
Continue reading “Menu – Main Menu”